Roasted White Fish with Fresh Herbs & Nuoc Cham Sauce
- 1 whole Branzino (or alternative white fish)- de-gut and sliced with three slices each side
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Seasoning paste:
- 1 tbsp Lemongrass - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger - finely chopped
- 1 tsp Lime zest
- 2 tbsp Coconut oi
- Pinch of both salt & pepper
- Nuoc Cham Sauce:
- ⅓ c water
- ¼ c sugar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 small bunch fresh mint
- 1 small bunch of green onion
- 1 fresno chili- thinly sliced
- 1 lime wedge- cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice three slits on each side of the fish (this helps with the cooking process).
- Rub the seasoning paste all over the fish, both on the inside and out.
- Lay a piece of tinfoil onto a baking sheet and place your fish on top.
- You may need to use two pieces of foil to wrap the fish - start by making a rounded bottom, add a bit of water so the fish can steam, and then seal the fish inside the foil.
- Place the tinfoil wrapped fish on the baking sheet into the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make nuoc cham sauce; pour water, sugar and red pepper flakes into a small pot.
- Heat on high until simmer and water begins to darken.
- Take off heat, add fresh lime juice and fish sauce- set aside.
- After 25 minutes, remove your fish from the foil and place on a serving plate.
- Drizzle the nuoc cham sauce over the top of the fish.
- Top with fresh cilantro, mint, sliced green onion, sliced fresno chili and serve with lime wedges.