Sautéed Shrimp with Garlic Lemon Caper Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp shallot- finely minced
- 1 tsp garlic- finely minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tbsp castelvetrano olives - smashed
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- ½ lb jumbo shrimp- rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley- finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh chives- finely chopped
- Heat a large sauce pan to medium/high heat.
- Add olive oil and butter, once hot add minced shallot and garlic- cook for 3 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- Add red pepper flakes, capers, smashed castelvetrano olives, vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- Place rinsed shrimp into the simmering sauce and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add in the finely chopped parsley and fresh lemon juice, mix to combine and take off heat.
- Plate shrimp, spoon sauce all over the top, garnish with fresh cracked pepper, finely chopped chives and lemon wedges.
- Enjoy while warm.