Prosciutto, Melon & Goat Cheese Salad
A sophisticated prosciutto and goat cheese salad to charm your palate.
Ingredients & Tools
- 1 ounce prosciutto, thinly sliced and cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 8 cups melon balls (combination of watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe)
- ½ thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 4 cups arugula leaves, cleaned and dried
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt (preferably sea salt)
- 1 bottle Cupcake Vineyards Moscato d’Asti
- Heat prosciutto strips in a non-stick pan over medium heat; cook 3-5 minutes, until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, shallots, honey, and mustard.
- Gently toss melon balls, onion, pine nuts, and basil with the dressing.
- Mound the arugula onto 6 plates and top with melon mixture.
- Crumble the goat cheese and scatter the prosciutto on top.
- Finish with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy with Cupcake Moscato d’Asti!