A pizza pie that doesn't skimp on the toppings–bellissimo!
Ingredients & Tools
- ½ cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, sliced
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ pound pizza dough
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- ¾ pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 ounces sliced baked ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 ounces salami, cut into 1-inch strips
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp marinara sauce
- 2 large cremini mushrooms, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 4 pitted olives, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 bottle of Cupcake Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. Set a pizza stone in the oven and let the stone heat for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, drizzle the artichoke hearts with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- On a floured surface, roll the pizza dough out to a 12-inch round, about ⅛ inch thick. Roll the edge on half of the pizza 1⁄16 inch thick.
- Flour a pizza peel. Transfer the dough to the peel and brush with oil.
- Top the thinner side of the dough with half of the artichokes, ricotta, mozzarella, ham and salami, 3 inches from the edge.
- Sprinkle with half of the oregano and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the marinara.
- Lift the 3-inch edge of dough over the filling and press to seal in the center of the round.
- Spread the remaining ¼ cup of marinara over the dough, leaving a ½ -inch border. Arrange the remaining artichoke hearts, mozzarella, ham and salami over the marinara.
- Spoon small dollops of ricotta over the toppings, then scatter the mushrooms and olives on top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining oregano.
- Slide the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until crisp and bubbling.
- Add tomatoes, chicken, mushrooms or anything you desire for more flavor!
- Cut into wedges and serve paired with Cupcake Cabernet Sauvignon!