You'll feel the sand on your feet with our pineapple salsa and Cupcake Vineyard Pinot Grigio pairing.
- 1 whole pineapple
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup diced peppers (any combination of red, orange, yellow or green peppers)
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- juice from 2 limes
- salt and pepper
- Cupcake Vineyards Pinot Grigio
- To make the pineapple bowl, cut about ⅓ of the pineapple off, leaving the stem attached to the larger piece of the pineapple.
- Make a cut around the outer edge of the pineapple fruit and make cuts across the middle too.
- Use a metal spoon to loosen and scoop out the pineapple chunks. Pour the extra juice out of the pineapple bowl so that it is empty.
- Dice enough of the pineapple chunks to make one cup of diced pineapple to be used for the salsa and save the rest for another use.
- In a small bowl, mix together diced pineapple, diced tomatoes, diced peppers, minced onions, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the salsa to the pineapple bowl for serving.
- Serve with Cupcake Vineyards Pinot Grigio.