Herb Pizza with Parmesan White Wine Sauce
Say cheese! Roll out this fresh herb and parmesan pizza to plus up any pizza party.
- ½ cup Cupcake Vineyards Chardonnay
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of chopped or minced onion
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp oregano
- dash of salt and pepper
- herb pizza wheat dough (we used pre-made!)
- 1 cup sliced mozzarella
- sprigs of basil and spinach
- Combine all ingredients and heat for 10 minutes on stove at low setting, stirring occasionally.
- As your Parmesan White Wine Sauce is cooling, arrange oven rack at lowest position and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roll out your wheat pizza dough as thinly as possible on a flat surface sprinkled with flour.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil over the dough and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Place the mozzarella slices all over the dough, add basil and spinach and any additional toppings you desire.
- Bake for around 12-15 minutes, until the cheese bubbles and the crust is golden.
- Add more greens if desired.