Pumpkin Bacon Mac N’ Cheese Wine Pairing
- 1 lb. pasta of your choice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 strips bacon, cooked
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- Boil water and cook pasta until desired tenderness. Drain and set to the side.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium or large pan, add a small coating of olive oil. Then sauté your garlic for a minute.
- Then, melt the butter with the garlic. When melted, slowly whisk in the flour. Continue cooking and whisking for a minute.
- Slowly mix the milk in until smooth. Continue to cook the mixture while stirring frequently until your mixture bubbles. At this point, reduce the heat to low.
- Next, stir in your spices- onion powder, salt, and nutmeg, adding pumpkin puree until smooth. Then add your shredded cheese. Whisk the cheese until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add your pasta, and stir. Next, add your chopped bacon and stir.
- To top off, sprinkle the bread crumbs over top and add a handful of shredded cheese.
- Cover with a lid and bake for about 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and smooth in texture.