Black Forest Syrup
Treat yourself with Cupcake Vineyards Black Forest infused syrup–breakfast just got upgraded.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 6 clementines, cut into quarter
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 star anise
- ½ nutmeg, grated
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp mixed spice
- 1 bottle of Cupcake Vineyards Black Forest
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large sauce pan on the stove.
- Over medium heat bring the mixture to a boil, stirring regularly.
- Reduce to a high simmer for 20 minutes or until the syrup reaches your desired consistency, stirring every few minutes.
- As the mixture is cooking, push down on the clementines with a spoon to release as much flavor as possible into the syrup.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly before straining it through a sieve.
- Pour the sieved syrup into a sterilized airtight bottle.
- Use the left over syrup for Mulled Wine!
- Heat 3 parts of Cupcake Vineyards Black Forest wine and ½ part of the syrup together in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Keep the mixture on the heat just long enough for it to warm up—you do not want it to boil.
- Serve in glasses with slices of orange and a star anise.