Cactus Salad Recipe & Wine Margaritas
Throwing a fiesta? Whether it’s our cactus salad recipe or our wine-arita cocktail, we’ve got recipe inspiration for you!
Simple Cactus Salad Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound of nopales (a.k.a. cactus paddles) cleaned and chopped
- ½ chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 serrano peppers diced
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cotija cheese chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to full rolling boil. Add the chopped nopales and boil for a minute before removing from heat and straining. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Using ½ tbsp. of olive oil, sauté the red onion and garlic in a skillet for a few minutes or until slightly soft. Set aside to cool to room temperature
- While waiting to cool, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Once the nopales and red onion have cooled, mix them into the bowl and serve!